All of us dream of having silky, smooth, and healthy hair. To achieve this, we try different hair products and hair treatments. Hair oil is essential for nourishing and moisturizing your hair, and it works by acting on the deep layers of the hair and changing the hair structure. On the other hand, hair serums are silicone-based products that coat the outer layer of the hair. Different types of hair serums are available for different hair problems. This article provides additional information about the application of hair serums and tips for first-time users.
Application of hair serum
- Hair serums provide the right amount of nourishment to your hair. To get the maximum benefits of this product, wash your hair well before applying it. Choose a compatible shampoo and conditioner for washing your hair before applying the hair serum. These products, when used in combination, can help with treating several hair-related problems.
- Generally, 2-6 drops of hair serum are sufficient, but this amount may vary depending on your hair length and density. Make sure to rub it well on your palm and apply it to towel-dried or slightly damp hair.
- You can also focus on the tips of the hair because serums are effective in preventing split ends. Create sections of your hair for better application of the hair serum.
- After applying the hair serum, brush your hair downwards to detangle it and spread the product evenly. Now, either blow dry your hair or let it dry naturally.
- If you are trying to straighten your hair, make sure to apply a serum beforehand as hair serums can protect your hair from heat damage.
If you’re using a hair serum for the first time, you should know about these tips:
- Choose the best serum for your haircare needs after looking at multiple products available at stores as well as over the internet. Do not opt for low-cost alternatives just because of the price because some of them can damage your hair.
- For the right application of hair serum, don’t rub it on your scalp. Just apply the product on your hair and comb it or spread it with your fingertips.
- It is advisable to use the right quantity of hair serum as excess amounts may make your hair greasy and limp. Try applying a small quantity, and do not use it on a daily basis.
- Do not try hair serum on completely wet hair. Make sure that your hair is damp or towel-dried before its application.
- Application of hair serum to the scalp may weight down your hair, and you may not be able to style it.
- People with thick hair can add a few drops of serum in their conditioner.
- People with oily or greasy hair should not use hair serums too often.
- Application of hair serum on unwashed hair will not nourish the hair satisfactorily.